One Month Down With Progress Picture!

One month complete! This feels like a major accomplishment for me. I have drastically changed some of my biggest challenge areas: Eating and being active. Over the past couple years my activity levels had diminished and the amount of food I was eating (or at least retaining) was rising. I feel like I have become much more aware of how my habits have been affecting my body and overall health, and also more subtle areas of my life like my energy levels, sleep quality, etc... I still have a long way to go, but I feel like I have hit a solid milestone on my journey. that begin said, here are two more things I have learned or am learning since beginning this project of change:

1.Manage Your Expectations. This one I am still learning and just got another dose of this medicine today when I took my one month measurements and my biceps hadn't grown by four inches. When making changes in life it will seem like you are making big strides, and you probably are. Sometimes the scale and the tape measure just don't match what we are feeling. That is where it is good to manage what you are expecting and how fast you are expecting it. This is an easy pitfall for me, I just have to remind myself that this is a long-term commitment and not a one month makeover. Change takes time and effort and also requires us to stick with it for the long haul. Which bring me to my second lesson I have learned over time.

2. Be Persistent. There are going to be disappointments, that's just the way life is. Some days you are going to weigh more than you did the night before for seemingly no reason, other days you are going to get dragged to the Chinese buffet and totally go off the deep end. Those things are going to happen. What matters is that regardless you stick with your goals and the plan you have set for yourself to achieve them. When you can persist and keep fighting through the hard times and through the disappointment there is no way to be unsuccessful. Overcoming setbacks is one of the main things that I believe separates those who are successful and those who give up. This is true of all aspects of life, not just in regards to fitness or to losing weight. Stick with it, keep fighting, and keep on making it shake!



RECIPE TIME!!!

My dinner meals stay fairly similar as I find it quick, easy, and covers my needs for carbs, proteins,and lots of veggies. We do a lot rice/ stir-fry bowl style dinners. I usually prep my chicken or ground turkey in a skillet, then add in my vegetables; usually broccoli, shelled edamame, zucchini, green beans, spinach, etc... (lots of greens) I then mix in some cooked brown rice or sweet potatoes to cover the complex carbs. I like to season it all pretty heavily and will use hot sauce or salsa on top. Okay, so not legitimately a recipe, but I wing it a lot when it comes to adding ingredients.


Skillet meal just before adding in the cooked brown rice

One month Measurements:
Weight: 207.2 lbs (Down 12.8)


Arms:
Right- 15" (-1/4")
Left- 15" (+1/4")

Shoulders- 50" (-1")

Chest- 46" (-1/4")

Waist- 38" (-1/4")

Quads
Right- 25.5" (+1/4")
Left- 24.5" (-1/2")

Calves
Right- 16.25" (+1/4")
Left- 16" (+/-0")

Goal One: Physical Activity - This week I hit the gym 4 out of 6 days (Sundays are always going to be a rest day) with one day doing an at home workout and I am feeling pretty good and sore most of the time.

Goal Two: Eating habits - Still going strong and monitoring what I am eating pretty closely. I did have the closest thing to a cheat day thus far as I was taken to a Chinese buffet and gave in. I definitely felt heavy and my stomach did not appreciate it.

Goal Three: Sleeping Habits - I did pretty solidly with this one this week.

One Month Results


Comments

  1. Looking good! Thank you for the reminder of how important it is to just keep going. Congrats on the 12.9 so far, that's awesome in one month!
    Good lookin' recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#TheStruggle and Week 2 Updates

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!