Approaching the First Goal Checkpoint

Hey everyone! Another week in the books and one more to go for my initial goals I set for myself. Next week I will be changing up my goals and providing one last update on the process and discoveries and hopefully changes I have noticed. Next week I will also do a quick recap of the points I have shared as well as another progress picture.

Today as I have been pondering what I have wanted to share it occurred to me that these changes can be stressful and tough and not so much fun when you constantly see advertisements for sweets, juicy hamburgers, and all sorts of other delicious looking things that might try to get in the way of your goals. So how do you keep from getting down and giving up? I have noticed that the days or weeks that I am not doing so well or feeling as dedicated I am not trying to make the process fun. So let's look at that:

1. Have fun

Whether you are just getting active or trying to improve your run time a little bit or just trying to eat better there are ways to make the process a fun one. Don't make it a dreadful weight that you have to carry around, instead try to make it a game or a challenge for yourself. Just getting active? Try a step goal for yourself or see how far you can park form the grocery store. Eating better? Try finding a vegetable or other healthy food you've never cooked with and find a recipe to try. Build up a growing portfolio of recipes you like. Use your accountability partner. Make it a fun competition with a small wager to see how can get more steps, run faster, etc... There are almost endless uses for accountability partners (I get a little excited about them and end up sounding like a broken record about their importance). Just have fun with this, this shouldn't feel like a job. Yes it will require work and effort, but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable as well. Life gets tough enough with all the other responsibilities and priorities we have to juggle, so try not to make this just another source of stress.



2.Pat yourself on the back!

Don't be afraid to congratulate yourself or be proud of what you are doing! You went one day with no sweets? That is an amazing start. Feel good about it. Got off the couch and walked around the block? Fantastic. These little things are building blocks, recognize them and encourage yourself. Now that doesn't mean you should over-indulge the next day with more sweets, but you can still track all of these little accomplishments. Just like the process should be fun, it should be making you feel better about yourself, whether that means you lost one pound or 25, as someone working on changes you need to see and appreciate the progress. And if you need to eat a piece of candy or an ice cream cone every once in a while, that is perfectly fine too. I've said before this isn't going to be a sprint, but a marathon. Pace yourself and check in with yourself as often as you need to see how far you've come. So to anyone who made any efforts to improve themselves this week: Way to go keep it up!



My week felt much better than last week. I was able to avoid fast food and keep what I ate under control and I hit the gym 4/6 days. I felt like I was really able to get back on track and I felt much better about myself this week. I am pumped to try to finish the last week of my 6 week goal cycle strong and get ready for some new goals next week. So here are my updates:

Weight: 202.9 I am so close to hitting my first checkpoint weight wise I am ecstatic. I am also pleased with how well my body bounced back after last week.

Measurements: Two more week for another update, but I may put them in next week as well to finalize this goal cycle.

Goals:

One: Physical Activity - 4/6 Days, a successful week.

Two: Eating Habits - Much better this week, got back in the swing of eating better.

Three: Sleeping Habits - This has been my biggest struggle. The time I get to bed has varied a bit but overall I would say that I am sleeping better each night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TheStruggle and Week 2 Updates

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

One Month Down With Progress Picture!