Round One Complete!

Not the type of week that I wanted to finish this first phase on. In regards to the many days of indulgence I had this week, one friend said 'It's your Birfday week, those things happen' and happen they did. After a few days of eating what I wanted and more cake and Ice cream than I care to admit I feel like garbage physically. The difference between eating freely and eating properly is stark and I am feeling it in almost every aspect of my life. I am absolutely ready to get back to my greens-heavy, protein laden meals with healthy complex carbs and minimal sugars. I am also ready to get back to they gym and sweat out some of the past week.

So this week marks the end of my first 6 week goal phase and I think I will be switching things up a bit going forward. I am still not sure exactly how, but I feel like changes will be coming in my posts and tracking. I do have a couple new goals that I want to focus on for the next little while and one has a hard deadline of almost exactly 6 weeks from now so I think that will work out nicely. I will throw up a brief recap of points I have written about then a last update on goals, I will then explain my new goals and then I will get ready to chase after them for the coming weeks!


Recap!

1. Start Small - Don't try to run before you can walk. Baby steps are the key to lasting change.

2. Be Honest With Yourself - Take a realistic inventory of your lifestyle and set SMART goals to change habits that could use improvement.

3. Make Yourself Accountable - Willpower can only carry you so far. Find people you can trust to encourage and help you along the way.

4. Manage Your Expectations - Rome wasn't built in a day and you won't lose 50 pounds after eating one healthy meal. Make sure your expected results are realistic.

5. Be Persistent - When the going gets tough, how will you respond? It will get challenging but make sure you stick to it despite setbacks and struggles.

6. Motivation - What gets you excited and pumped about making changes?

7. Discipline Aids - What keeps you committed or helps you when the motivated excitement fades (and it will fade)?

8. Have Fun! - This is going to be difficult and require effort, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the process!

9. Pat Yourself on the Back - Reward yourself for your efforts and changes you are seeing, just don't get carried away.

I really hope that some of these tips have been helpful or encouraging as you endeavor to make some changes. I will be doing some brainstorming this week to decide how I want to change up the format of my posts a bit in the coming days. But in the meantime Fatty Cake Make it Shake!

Phase One Final Goal Update

Goal One: Physical Activity - I saw some incredible improvement with this one on a personal level. This last week was not so great about getting to the gym, but I definitely still had a couple pretty high intensity days at work or in the yard. I feel so much more excited about going to the gym, I'm still not always feeling it, but I can get myself to go and get some work in. This has always been a habit that has eluded me and I feel I am well on my way to making it a part of my routine. Despite a couple weeks of falling short, I feel I was successful in this goal.

Goal Two: Eating Habits - I felt a big change with this habit as well and I feel like I have developed a new appreciation for eating better. I know that this last week when I ate more carelessly I did not feel as lively, strong, motivated or well in general. I notice all of the sugars and wild amounts of fats and salt in all of the food I ate and I felt constantly thirsty even though I was drinking much more water each day this week. Like goal one, I feel this was an overall success.

Goal Three: Sleeping Habits - This was the goal I spent the least effort on; most of the time I was in bed an at appropriate time simply because of the energy I have been spending throughout the day, but I admittedly did not put as much work into this goal as the others. This one I will say I had a neutral result with because I didn't give this the attention it deserved, particularly on the weekends.

Weight: 208.4 Ugh, eating bad, even for a few days shoots my weight up like crazy. I will be looking for a much better number in the weeks to come.

Measurements: I was unable to get my measurements in this week, so I will be adding them at teh onset of phase two next week.



New Goals for Phase Two:

1. 5K Preparation -  There is a 5K upcoming that my wife's family participates in each year. Last year I believe I was able to do it in right around 36 minutes. My personal goal this year will be to conquer the 3.1 miles in 30 minutes or less. I will be training for the next 6 weeks on trying to build up my endurance, running conditioning and average speed to accommodate that goal.

2. Water Consumption - My water intake seems to fluctuate pretty substantially, however with getting into the warmer months coming, I want to get into a habit of drinking at least 1/2 an ounce of water per pound I weigh, for proper hydration and to keep my body operating healthy. This will mean I need to average approximately 100 ounces of water daily.

I am limiting this phase to the two goals so that I can try to give them equal attention and effort. So here's to a great six weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TheStruggle and Week 2 Updates

Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

One Month Down With Progress Picture!